Adding a striking image to the top of your site is a great way to catch a visitors attention. In this video we look at how to add a slider to the top of your site – this video will also show you the basic concepts of creating page layouts with Skizzar using widgets.
To add a slider to your site,
- When logged in, go to your site and click on customize in the admin bar at the top of your site
- When viewing your site in the customizer, navigate to Edit Layout > *page name* Body and click on Add Widget
- From the list of available widgets, select Slider
- You have now added a slider to your page! You can edit the heading, excertp text and button for each slide. If you only have one slide, then it will show as a single image, however, if you have more than one slide then when you hover over your slider you will see arrows that select each slide.
- Using the design bar for each slide, you can change the background colour, image and style, change the text location and appearance, add a featured image and change button styles.
- On the right hand design bar for the whole slide you can change slider settings (including arrow/dot appearance, slider timing, height and effects)
Don’t forget to hit publish before you close the customizer.