Blogging is a great way of keeping your visitors in touch with what you are doing on a regular basis, it’s also a very good way of increasing your search engine ranking as Google in particular likes new content – plus, you can advertise when you have published a new blog post/article on your social networks which is a great way to drive traffic to your site.
Aside from that very commercial approach, you may just enjoy writing, in which case, Skizzar is for you as we have a very powerful yet easy to use blogging platform.
There are 2 steps to creating a blog with Skizzar; 1) Write blog posts and 2) Add them to a page in your site (you may need to create a page first)
How to create blog posts
- Start off by logging in and navigating to your dashboard
- From the dashboard hover over Blog and click on Add New Post
- Give your post a name and some content – you can use the design bar at the top of the text editor to add images, links and text styling.
- On the right of the page you will see a list of Categories (You can add new categories by hovering over Blog and clicking on Categories) add your blog to a category, note that blog posts will default to the uncategorized category
- You can add tags to your blog post
- The featured image is the main image for your blog, we recommend a minimum width of 1000px for your featured image.
- Once you have written your post – click publish (You can also save your post as a draft if you want to finish it off later or publish it at a later date)
Adding posts to your site
- Once you have created blog posts, you will now need to add them to a page in your site – if you don’t already have a page go to Pages > Add New Page from the dashboard and select a blank template. Give your page a name (e.g. Blog or News) and click on Proceed to customizer
- Now you’re in the customizer, click on Edit Layout > *Page Name* Body > Add Widget and select the Posts widget
- This widget will add your latest posts to your page – now you can edit the layout settings for this widget to change how the posts are displayed. From the widget settings you can edit the number of columns, how the columns are displayed, how each post is displayed (Top tip: try the “overlay”setting – it’s one of our favourites!), and you can also edit the information that is displayed (i.e. Author, date, categories, excerpt etc)
Now, whenever you add a new post it will show in this list of posts you have just added. Don’t forget to hit save before you close out of the customizer.