This Tutorial assumes you have built or know how to build a form using the Skizzar form builder widget. If you don’t know then check out our tutorial on building a form for your Skizzar website here.
We’re going to talk about linking your form with a Mailchimp list. For this, you will need:
- A Mailchimp account
- A Mailchimp list to add subscribers to + your list ID – click here to find your list ID
- Your mailchimp API Key – click here if you don’t know how to find this
Open up the customizer to get started and Shift + Click on your contact form to open the settings (or navigate to Edit Layout > *Your Page* Body > Form)
Skizzar allows you to collect 3 types of data and send it to mailchimp
- Email address (required)
- First Name
- Last Name
So for Mailchimp integration to work you must at least have a form that asks for the users email address.
Once you have built your form, click on the Settings tab on the right and check the Mailchimp Integration – this will reveal the following options:
- Mailchimp List ID – this is the unique ID for your mailchimp list – find it here
- Mailchimp API key – this is a unique key for your Mailchimp account – find it here
- Email Unique ID – this is the unique name for your Email input
- Fname Unique ID – this is the unique name for your First Name input
- Lname Unique ID – this is the unique name for your Last Name input
Top Tip: Since the only required field is Email – you can make a super minialist form that just collects an email address – like a standard Subscribe form.
Once you’re done, hit Save and Publish and you’re done